5 Tips for Healthy Beautiful Hair
We all aim for long, strong, flowing locks of hair. Luckily having healthy, gorgeous hair does not have to be an unattainable feat. With the right know-how you can help strengthen your hair to reveal luscious, voluminous strands. Here are 5 tips for healthy beautiful hair that you can start trying today!
- Wash your hair less often. Many of us have a routine of washing our hair daily. While this may be necessary if you sweat from a tough workout or if your hair I truly dirty, it is not needed every day. Daily activities typically do not cause our hair to be overly dirty or greasy. To help improve the quality of your hair, try washing it every other day. This will help preserve the natural oils on your scalp so that they can moisturize and nourish hair, instead of being stripped away by shampoo.
- Eat right and nourish your insides in order to see the beauty benefits on the outside. Eat foods that are high in protein. Protein rich foods include items such as eggs, meat, soy, flax seeds, and other sources. Eating these foods provide your body with the building blocks needed to develop amino acid based proteins called keratin. Keratin helps strengthen hair ad add shine for gorgeous locks. Good hair comes from a healthy, nutritious and balanced diet. Also, try eating foods high in good fats and omega-3 fatty acids like salmon or almonds for added beauty benefits.
- Do not over brush your hair. Be gentle and kind! We have all hear the myth of brushing hair 100 times each day for beautiful hair. Who has time for that? This not only time consuming and boring, but it also damages your hair and can lead to more split ends. Instead, comb wet hair gently, and brush dry hair only as much as you need to get out knots and smooth it over.
- Use hot tools cautiously and sporadically. Hot devices are often used to dry and style your hair. However, the heat can be damaging over time and with regular use. Try to air dry hair whenever possible, or dry hair on a lower setting. Also, keep hair straighteners and curlers as low as possible and use a heat protectant spray to prevent excessive heat damage.
- Trim dead ends regularly. Trimming your hair helps to cut off the dead, split ends of your hair so that your hair can be strong and lush. If split ends rent attended to early on, the will continue to split u the shaft of the hair, causing more and more damage. Trimming every 6 weeks or so is ideal to keep your hair in the best condition possible.
Following these tried and true hair tips will be sure to keep your hair beautiful and ensure that it is healthier than ever before. Be kind to your hair by washing it less often, eating protein rich foods, avoiding over brushing, using hot tools only on occasion, and trimming dead ends regularly at a salon like Hair 4 U for the best results. Sticking to this kind of health and beauty routine religiously will be sure to give you the results you are looking for.