5 Scar Reduction Tips After Tattoo Removal
Tattoo removal is an effective way to get rid of an old, unattractive, or undesirable tattoo on your body both safety and permanently. However, many individuals who consider the procedure are often concerned about the possibility of scarring that may result after the removal process. Luckily, there are preventative measures you can take to reduce scarring after tattoo removal to enhance healing including these 5 important care tips.
- Be sure to take a complete multi vitamin every day to keep your body healthy in it top shape. After a tattoo removal process your body will need all the vitamins and nutrients it can get in order to properly heal and repair your skin from the procedure. Be sure to take vitamins like Vitamin E, Biotin for skin elasticity, and aloe to help soothe and heal your skin effectively.
- Take care of the wound properly post-procedure to ensure it heals safely. Be sure to wash the affected area at least twice a day with a gentle, mild soap and some water in order to keep it clean. Don’t use antibacterial soaps because antibacterial soaps may cause inflammation or irritation. Once clean, apply ointment 3 times each day to help the skin heal and remain protected. You should also cover this area with a bandage, but be sure to change it regularly to remain sanitary and avoid infection.
- Stay out of the sun as much as possible after your procedure or in between laser sessions. The sun can damage the skin further due to harmful UVA and UVB rays. Even weeks after the procedure, when the skin seems to have healed, you need to avoid excessive sun exposure or wear sunscreen with an DPF rating of at least 30 or a cover-up to block these rays and prevent further damage to the skin.
- Avoid smoking cigarettes during tattoo removal procedures and the healing process. Cigarettes are bad for your skin in general, but can be even more destructive to the skin organ when you are trying to heal. You tattoo removal success rate can increase by up to 70% if you stop smoking during the healing process. Plus, this will also help your lungs and your overall health.
- Finally, keep your hands off! Don’t touch the impacted area after the tattoo removal procedure because you will likely agitate the area causing more inflammation or other serious issues. You should never pick at scabs or pop blisters since this will undoubtedly lead to severe, irreversible scarring of the skin.
If you do not care for your skin properly after a tattoo removal laser procedure, you could risk scarring your skin permanently or developing an infection of the skin area. If you have a procedure at a facility such as Melbourne tattoo removal , you will be told of the tattoo health risks such as scarring as well as the benefits of the procedure. To avoid or reduce scarring, be sure to care for your wound by cleaning every day with mild soap and water, apply ointment, take a multi vitamin, avoid the harmful rays of the sun, stop smoking, and resist the temptation to pick or scratch the area for best healing results and minimal scarring.