Top 5 Laser Beauty Treatments
It’s a brave new world of beauty treatments thanks to the onward march of technological advancement in a society obsessed with looks. When our mothers were young they had to rely on cold creams to keep their skin youthful and teabags to get rid of under-eye puffiness. And if they had acne scars, wrinkles, and other skin problems to contend with, well, they pretty much had to resign themselves to caking on makeup as a cover-up. Today we live in a world full of lotions, potions, tinctures, and treatments all meant to reduce imperfections and keep us looking youthful for years longer than our parents and grandparents (thank you, baby boomers!). And if you suffer from serious skin issues, laser treatments can provide you with the targeted and effective solutions needed to correct them (albeit at a pretty high cost, in some cases). Here are just a few such therapies you might want to look into as a way to address a variety of problems.
- Whiten teeth. Lasers can fill a variety of beauty needs, not all of which are related to your skin. And rather than opting for the bleaching trays of old, which take several days (at least) to transform your teeth from their yellowing state back to the pearly glow of childhood, you can now go for laser whitening treatments at many dentist offices to get the same results in a fraction of the time. With less than an hour in the chair you can whiten your teeth up to eight shades.
- Remove hair. If you’re tired of using depilatory creams on your upper lip, shaving your legs day in and day out, and paying for the pain of Brazilian waxes, perhaps you’re looking for a more permanent solution to your hair-growth woes. Lasers can provide you with the fuzz-free visage and smooth extremities you seek. Of course, you might have to go for a series of treatments and it can cost you hundreds or even thousands of dollars depending on how much surface area you want to remove hair from. But considering that you can go the rest of your life without buying another razor or cream or having to pay for waxing, such treatments may just pay for themselves. And you’ll save a ton of time in the process, as well.
- Reduce acne scars. When it comes to laser skin resurfacing, one of the main beauty benefits for a lot of women is the potential to reduce or even completely remove acne scars. Since these treatments peel off your top layers of skin, they may be able to totally eradicate the shallow surface scars that often result from teenage acne. And deeper scars will certainly be diminished.
- Combat thread veins. These tiny, visible veins can appear all over your body, but they are most common on the legs and face. They are thought to be caused by a variety of stimuli, including hormones, heredity, drinking alcohol, and even exposure to sunlight, but you probably don’t care what causes them – you just want them gone! Although lasers might not work as well as, say, sclerotherapy on your legs, they are the preferred treatment for women who suffer from thread veins on the face.
- Treat the signs of aging. As we get older, our skin naturally starts to sag, wrinkle, and lose that youthful glow. Add sun damage, poor diet, and other factors to the equation and you could soon start seeing Robert Redford’s face every time you look in the mirror. But with a slew of treatments that target the signs of aging, such as laser skin tightening and fine line and wrinkle removal, you can combat sun damage and start to look like your old self in no time.
More to Read: