5 Beauty and Skin Care Tips for Teens
Taking care of your skin from an early age is extremely important to help ensure that your skin looks radiant and beautiful for many years to come. Teenaged skin needs to be managed specifically and properly to help reduce the impact of hormones, makeup and day-to-day dirt or oils that develop on the skin. Developing a healthy routine can drastically improve the quality of your skin so that you can look and feel your very best. Try to incorporate these 5 beauty and skin care tips into your routine for great results!
- Wash your face first thing in the morning, every morning. You can easily incorporate this skin care step into your morning routine the same way as you brush your teeth each morning. It is best to use a gentle cleanser that can help to eliminate any dirt, bacteria, sweat, or oils that build up on the skin during the night as you sleep. Don’t mistake washing for scrubbing. Aggressively scrubbing or exfoliating your face can actually aggravate the skin more, leading to redness and irritation.
- Use a daily moisturizer with SPF on your face. Facial moisturizers can help to keep your skin soft, smooth, protected, and healthy. Having SPF in your lotion will help to protect your skin from the damaging rays of the sun. Even in the wintertime it is necessary that you get in the habit of applying a moisturizer with SPF included for years of healthy skin.
- Keep it natural. Makeup can be fun to play with, however be sure to use it minimally and be sure to use it to enhance your already gorgeous, defining features. Avoid piling makeup on to your face, and instead keep a fresh, youthful look that is appropriate for your age and that will accentuate your beauty best.
- Choose products and cosmetics wisely. Some products contain ingredients that can irritate your skin or clog your pores. As a teen it is important to look for oil-free products or those that are non-comedogenic so that they will not cause your skin to act up. Also, try to stick to natural products or those without sulfates, parabens, or phthalates that can be hard on your delicate, beautiful skin.
- Always take the time to remove makeup and dirt from your skin before you go to bed with a cleanser. Your skin needs to be able to breathe properly while you sleep and if it is covered in makeup or dirt and sweat from your day, your pores will easily become clogged which can lead to irritation or breakouts.
Caring for your skin as a teen can be simple and effective if you know what to do. Be sure to cleanse your skin deeply and properly each morning and every night before you go to bed. Also, be sure to find a daily moisturizer recommended by JustineMagazine.com with SPF included to protect your skin from harmful rays, keep your makeup natural and light, and also use products that are good for your skin instead of damaging and harmful. This simple, daily routine will help to keep your skin healthy and clear for deep, true beauty.